Search This Blog

Saturday, April 14, 2012

My First Post - Inspiring Thoughts

Hello, and welcome to my blog.  I started this blog because of an article I read in my Weight Watchers magazine titled "What are you, Chicken" Written by Sandra Gordon.  I know what you are thinking now,  this is going to be all about wight loss and how chicken is the only thing to eat.  Well you are wrong!  The article is about facing your fears, putting yourself out there and changing your life into something you are happy with and proud of.  

This hit the spot with me for sure.  I lost my job a couple of months ago due to restructuring of the place I worked.  I spent the first month and a half feeling sorry for myself and crying just about every 10 minutes....Pretty sad existence if you ask me.  I was just worried about everything being all wrong and not focusing on what was right in my life and what needed to be changed. I would go to interviews and think I did great only to hear back that I don't have enough experience.  Once again where do I get experience if no one will hire me.  So I sunk deeper into the slum I had made for myself, started to gain the weight I had lost back and hid in my house.  

The sun, what an amazing thing that sun is.  The sun came out mid March and I started to feel good inside.  Mostly because it was nice out,  the birds were chirping the weather was warm, I couldn't help but feel good.  I started to work out again, made lists of what I wanted to accomplish that day, making healthy meals for my fiance and myself (even thought he is pickier than most kids).  But I'm still in a rut, unemployed and have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life.  To top it off Colin and I moved 200km away from our family friends a year and half ago to make what we thought was going to be a better life for ourselves.  There is something about spending time with people you have known for years and shared so many memories with. 

But back to the article, the premise was that I was standing in the way of my happiness, by not taking chances and always chickening out.  I made a list of 10 things I wanted out of life in the next 5 to 10 years, and then asked myself what am I doing to make these things happen?  Well nothing! And it was excuse after excuse reasons why I'm not doing things like selling my knitting, or sewing, trying to help others. Most of it was I, like most people, am afraid of failure.  But then i read this " When things don't go your way, you didn't fail. The experiment did." It was like a bright light signalling to me! I have been told this in different words before, but last night the meaning finally dug in and I understood.  


So here I am putting myself out there and hopefully I can inspire someone else today.

No comments:

Post a Comment