Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 17, 2012 Weigh In

Today's weigh in is 163.8 lbs! It has been about 7 or 8 years since I was this weight.  I must admit to doing a happy dance in the bathroom this morning. This result was much needed.  I know I have been losing about 2 pounds a week, but I have to say I have not noticed my body change, well besides my face is not so round anymore.  When I look down I still see my giant belly with no change.  In fact yesterday I had a little cry because I was losing hope.  I know I see results on the scale, but when I'm not seeing a change in my appearance it's a little (a lot) disheartening.  

I had been avoiding measuring myself and trying on some of my "I will fit into this one day" clothing stash, but I felt good today so I put on a top that I have not warn in about a year because I felt it was far too tight.  The shirt fits nicely! Later on I gathered up more courage and tried on a pair of dress capris I bought a few years ago and never wore because they were too small.  They fit!  In fact they are a little too big.  This made me feel even better about myself so I did the unthinkable!  I tried on the super tight pair of jeans i bought last spring that fit in the store but not when I got home....I hate when that happens!  I wore them for about 10 minutes and got tired of not being able to breath.  The jeans do up without a fight, but my "muffin top" pours over the sides.  This didn't upset me because I was able to do them up as well as breath in them, which is a significant change from the last time i had them on.  If it was cool enough to wear them I could just have a sweater on to cover my 'muffin top".  

Things I did this week:
-I have continued to drink a large glass of water before every meal, including snacks.
-White potatoes are still a bad word in this house...well Colin gets to eat them.  I roast other vegies
-Went to bed hungry ( not starving just hungry)
-Had protein at every meal including snacks, this helps to keep me feeling full longer
-no carbs after lunch.  Carbs while delicious, don't keep you feeling full.  And worst of all make you crave more
-measuring proper portions. Half a chicken breast is one serving,

Colin and I didn't go on our usual long walks this week as he hurt himself playing soccer, but we still went for small walks around the neighbourhood. 

I'm so happy about my weigh in this week.  As I said I was loosing, not hope, but I guess some drive.  Seeing the results on the scale in one thing, but seeing your appearance is another.  And lets face it, people don't lose weight just because they don't want to see a certain number in the scale.  They want to look nice, not see rolls of fat.  Trying on my old clothes was good idea for me today.  I just have to make sure I don't try on stuff too often. 


13 more pounds until my goal wedding weight on 150!

No comments:

Post a Comment