Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 27, 2012 Weigh In

OK, so I completely failed my party challenge! There was chips, and hotdogs, and buns and alcohol.  Everything that I have been staying away from for the past 5 weeks.  All the stuff that I love and crave!  I had thought I had finally moved on, as I have not felt the urge to eat that stuff for a couple of weeks.  I was doing so well, when I would walk in the carb of death isle I wasn't salivating, my heart would not race.  I would look at the crackers and chips and feel disgusted! All that greasy salty crunchy badness. 
Well it turns out my empowerment only goes so far at this point.  When people were eating it all in front of me it was hart to fight the craving.  It was a 2 day party....so bad.

So I weighed myself on Sunday to see what the damage was...171.3  AHHHHHHHHHH!!! Serves me right though.  I knew what I was doing when I was eating and drinking all that bad food.  But then I made it worse!  I felt so discouraged I ate chips and banana bread all day! Colin and I went for a much needed walk that night, and I felt so sick, so bloated so icky! But perhaps there is a silver lining here.  Eating that salty garbage and feeling sick will hopefully be a deterrent for the next time I decide to not watch what I'm eating for the sake of having fun.  And I'm also quite sure I would have had friends if I had good food to eat.  

So on Monday I went back to eating protein at every meal, no bad carbs, water before I eat and making better choices with respect to what I'm putting in my mouth.  I have also done something in the past 3 days I have not been able to do EVER in my life.  I had spinach and carrot chips.  They are like regular chips just not nearly as bad.  I realized this weekend that I will at times be around the foods I used to crave and run to.  I have to learn moderation. So with my lunch I had a handful of the spinach chips. Which is a quarter of a serving size.  After I finished I did not put my hand in the bag to get more.  I was done and put everything back! I'm not planning on having these chips all the time.  In fact I wont buy them again until we have another party or something.  But at least I know now I can eat a handful and not go back for more.  

This morning I weighed myself again.  168.8! I lost almost all the weight I gained! I felt so happy and empowered!  Lesson is there will be road blocks. Get over it,  don't wallow in defeat.  Tomorrow is a new day and you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment